Banana Nutrament

7/05/2005
Begging to be Sampled

My girlfriend keeps playing this disc over and over, she really can't get enough of this guy Sufjan Stevens. Now, normally I wouldn't pick up on this sort of thing, but recently I've been spending a lot of time hanging out at home as I don't have a job. She works out of our apartment, and she's getting ready for the Christmas season by making these incredible hand knit wool scarves with PBR can logos sewn into them. She can't take it when I rock the Diplomats while she's working, so this Sufjan stuff has been on full blast in our household. I musta heard this track shared below about 5 or 6 times before I woke up and was all whoa, gotta get this intro in my
MPC2000XL.

Sufjan Stevens - They are Night Zombies.. Loop
Sufjan Stevens - They are Night Zombies! They are Neighbors! They Have Come Back From the Dead!! Ahhhhh!



Last weekend I needed to get out my girlfriend's hair. She has been tweaking out recently because some boutique took some of her hand-stitched blouses on consignment and now they aren't paying her. So last Thursday I was hanging out with Indeietrus at his loft in Bushwick, he was playing all these weird records from the 60s and 70s, some with silver covers and others with great fonts and cover art design. Most were lame but a couple were worth a couple hundred dollars. Bored, I went up to this roof to smoke some dust. When I came back down I sank into a beanbag chair and starting having a paranoia attack, his cat turned four dimensional and walked over to me to whisper in my ear all the secrets of Narnia. I snapped out of it when he played me this track. This is not "My Perogative" Bobby Brown, it's some hippie dude from California who had the name first. He created all his own instruments and jammed out inthe back okf his van or something. I think this loop may have been used uncredited before, it really reminds me of DJ Shadow -- anyone know if it in fact has been used?


Bobby Brown - I Must Be Born Loop
Bobby Brown - I Must Be Born