Banana Nutrament

8/30/2005
Gang Gang Bang Bang


Banana Nutrament

Gang Gang Dance has reissued one of their live releases, I'm not thilled with this development, as it devalues my three Hillulah CD-Rs (out of an edition of 100).

If memory serves, I was present at two of the recording sessions. I couldn't pay much attention the first night, I had chosen the bar Passerby as the setting for my thesis defense of my second M.F.A. (this one from Columbia). The second night, well, I think I was just chatting with Gavin Brown and nibbling on endive.

This recording is a great memento of what I missed, and I suppose there is a part of me that is glad they are redistributing it to the unwashed masses.

Gang Gang Dance - Passerby (1-6-2003 and 1-7-2003)
Fusetron has it
As does Other Music


And lest we forget the past, here is some musique concrete from the master:

Nam June Paik - Hommage a John Cage
Forced Exposure carries this