Banana Nutrament

11/02/2007
WFMU Record Fair 2007 Nov 2-4


The WFMU record fair is upon us again and I didn't even post up a flyer or nothing. Last year I not only forgot to shill for it, I even neglected to post my finds, among them early Folkways electronic/avant-garde comps and The Birth of the Y and not much else too memorable.

Tonight was a good show, it lacked a certain energy of years past, but elbow room is always preferable to getting hipchecked by dudes with dandruff caked ponytails scraping away for Beatles ephemera.

My video here is misleading as well as underwhelming, this must have been before they let in the unwashed masses for the 7:00pm crush:




Here's what I got, granted I sold and traded some records there so the damage wasn't as bad as it might look:

Robert Ashley - Private Parts
L. Ron Hubbard - Battlefield Earth OST
(this will either suck or rule, drone jazz duets between L. Ron and Chick Corea) [UPDATE: it sucks]

Kongas - Africanism
Baden Powell y Vinicius de Moraes - Os Afros Sambas
(never thought i'd come across this OOP samba classic)

Caetano Veloso - s/t
Caetano Veloso - Araçá Azul
Milton Nasciamento - Clube De Esquina
Indestructible Beat of Soweto
Ashra - Blackouts
El Topo - OST
John Zorn - Big Gundown (Music of Morricone)
Negativland - s/t (Seeland 001)
Terry Riley - Happy Ending

Two days left people!