Banana Nutrament

11/28/2005
Rubbin' 'n' Tuggin' 'n' Lovin'


I like the sort of remix that betters the original, or at least breathes new life into a more commercial antecedent. I could get ahead of myself and tout this
Rub' N' Tug remix as one of those superior sorts, except I've never heard the Beastie Boys original. Kind of missed that album, but this rework makes me want to find a copy. For about half an hour after hearing this I did all sorts of memory games to try to figure out the sample source. Instead of ruining it for you, here's the answer. The source vocals are a great rundown of all things New York, but really, if you're gonna do an A-Z, you can't leave out Dr. Zizmor.

Beastie Boys - An Open Letter To NYC (Rub 'N' Tug
Macho Mix)
**Buy it at Cisco Records**

This kind of touchup is all we ask of anyone, loop the good parts and maximize the vocals by minimizing their repetition

Chicago Transit Authority - I'm a Man (Rub 'N' Tug re-edit)

**Buy it at Amazon**