Banana Nutrament

4/17/2006
Record Jackpot Bonanza


Some good came out of mailing my taxes early Saturday morning, I filled in some major pieces of the puzzle. A streetside record vendor I often pass right by brought in the mother lode and I was the second person to flip through it. Guy who beat me there only walked away with a covetable Roy Ayers and some show tunes. He had no idea what gold passed right through his fingertips.

The dealer cut me a bit of a bulk purchase discount, he usually charges $2 a record. I know I could have haggled him to $17 or $18, but it's important that he does well enough to come back. I got all the below for $22, the price of a single Soul Jazz compilation:


Class Action - Weekend 12"
Extra T's - E.T. Boogie 12" mp3
Tom Tom Club s/t
Brooklyn Express - Sixty-Nine 12" mp3
Herbie Hancock - Grandmixer D.ST. Megamix b/w TFS + Earth Beat
Maurice - This is Acid 12"
U.T.F.O - Hanging Out b/w Roxanne, Roxanne
Grandmaster & Melle Mel - White Lines 12"
New Edition - Candy Girl 12"
Run D.M.C. - It's Like That/Sucker M.C.'s
Strafe - Set It Off 12" mp3
The Jonzun Crew - Pack Jam 12"
Taana Gardner - Heartbeat (Larry Levan Mix) 12"