Banana Nutrament

4/07/2006
NSFW Part 2


So we've regaled you with fun headphones only audio here and there. I've been meaning to do "not safe for work" audio more often, got loads more.

I came across a worthy curiosity from industrial band Leather Nun on a (homemade fan?) collection called LO-FI Compilation IV. Peppered throughout it are lovingly curated late '70s-early '80s avant-pop obscurities. "Fist Fuckers Associated" is one of the most memorable of the bunch, not for its title or provocative lyrics but for its eminently samplable bassline. The sexy clavinet vamp is no slouch either. Let's hope the song doesn't fall into evil hands:

Leather Nun - Fist Fuckers Associated

I do a cursory Googling before posting tracks like these, and from it I see F.F.A. was put a while ago at Bumrocks. Damn you Tim Sweeney, not only do you have taste enough to beat me by almost a year, but you get to play with all the new toys before all us other kids:



I love the beginning part of this Relevee video when he's done tweaking knobs and just stands there awed at what's playing. Also present on the aforementioned LO-FI comp are three tracks by John Bender, who we were first treated to on, you guessed it,
Bumrocks, during Dan Selzer's guest week.


"My name is ball fire and I got crab in my underpants. And it keep me dancing."

Dillinger - Crabs in My Pants
**Buy it at Midheaven Mailorder**

"Fire. Fire. Fire. Fire." This of course comes off Dillinger's formative Cocaine in My Brain. For ages I knew the eponymous title track, but only in the last few months did I settle down to digest the album as a whole. Worth a listen, don't miss out on the entirety of it.