Banana Nutrament

8/23/2005
Records in Park Slope

You don't have to blow your salary at Academy or comb through the nether regions of Williamsburg to find good rekkids. Between Park Slope's Somethin' Else Records,
the weekend flea market at P.S. 321, that seemingly always closed store at the corner of 5th and 9th, and the neverending stoop sales, the discrimnating buyer can find plenty.

Here are a couple I picked up this weekend:

$0.75
Milton Nascimento - Talento Brasileiro
I guess discounted because of the two places where it skips. Very pretty Brazilian stuff though, I've been meaning to check him out.

$2.00
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
I'm a sucker for a good charismatic yogi. I think this guy turned on The Beatles.

$3.00
Songs of the Humpback Whale
Don't make fun of me, it's even better than the new Black Dice.

$1.00
Loud Reed - Berlin
Very raw and dark.

$1.00
A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray 12"
Has a whole bunch of piano breakdowns and acid squelchy remixes on it that I never knew existed. As always, favorite part is when the guy goes "m-m-m-major!". I need to get that as my cellphone ringtone.

$1.50
Nitro Deluxe - Let's Get Brutal/This Acid House
I was surprised to find this so cheap. Lots of artists decamping from the electroclash fad for a second look at Aciiieed. Also, that Soul Jazz comp doesn't hurt matters.


Tune in next week to see what I come back with. Just kidding, Honey. Seriously, I'm only kidding.