Banana Nutrament

12/29/2005
Buy My Village Voice 2005 Pazz & Jop Votes


I just realized I won't be able to make January rent by selling promos to used CD stores. It looks like I will actually have to get a job, like some ordinary peon. Temping for a few days means less time for pacing around my basement apartment on Red Bull benders, digesting all the new music out there. This of course means fewer jewels of critical thought to bless my readership with.

In order to raise a little cash, I am selling a few of my Village Voice Pazz & Jop votes. Up for sale are about 36 points of album voting power, along with two singles picks. You get to do the #1s in both categories, just don't make me look like a jackass. I think it's obvious, but the blanks are yours to fill in.


Dear banananutrament:

Thank you for your submission - your votes have NOT been recorded, please
COMPLETELY fill out your ballot

Your Pazz & Jop albums ballot was submitted as follows:

1.
2. Animal Collective - Feels - Fat Cat (14)
3. Kelley Polar Quartet - Love Songs of the Hanging Gardens - Environ (13)
4.
5. Optimo - Psyche Out - Eskimo (11)
6.
7. Las Malas Amistades - Jardin Interior - Psych-o-Path (8)
8. Dungen - Ta Det Lungt - Kemado (7)
9. M.I.A. - Arular - Interscope (6)
10. Spankrock - Voila! - Money Studies (5)



Your Pazz & Jop singles ballot was submitted as follows:

1.
2. Jesse Rose - Black Coffee
3. Prefuse 73 and The Books - Pagina Ocho (with Claudia Deheza)
4. Jackie-O Motherfucker - Hey Mr. Sky
5. Annie - Me Plus One (The Rapture Hush Hush Remix)
6.
7. Babyshambles - Killamangiro
8. Les Visiteurs - Snoop's Acid Drop
9. Panthers - Thank Me With Your Hands (MSTRKRFT Remix)
10. Mandarine Girl - Booka Shade


My Ground Rules

1) You may not ironically vote for Dipset. No sincere voting for Dipset either.

2) It's patently obvious Sufjan will take #1 album, so don't waste any coin voting for Illinoise. It's your money though.

3) If you are a PR firm buying these votes for clients, please send any and all promo CDs my way. Just make sure there are no holes drilled in the left hand side of the jewel case.

4) If you work for a major label, let me know if you have any copywriting work available. When I do album liner notes I generally get around sixteen dollars a word.

5) You might think it's cute to buy votes for "Trapped in the Closet". About 200 other indie nerds have already had that idea. Consider showing Johnny Crack, Pizazz!, or White Girls some love instead. Again, it's your money.


Click here to help feed a blogger